Monday, July 21, 2008

Beginning of the End

It seems like whenever I blog, it's almost always related to canoeing huh? Makes me seem as though I have no life. Hahahaha, wth, that's not true by the way.

So... Nationals 2008 is over, NCC is over. So, it seems like canoeing races (excluding round ubin marathon) are over. This makes me feels sort of sad.
Yesterday, I took part in the 10km K2 race with Tan Sok Kai =D T1 companion and K2 partner for a short while. 10km may seem like a long distance to some, but to me it seemed pretty short. Mostly because I knew that it was going to be the last race I would ever row with her. Sitting in the same boat, paddling the same strokes, pulling hard together, I would never forget that feeling. We covered 2km... then 3km... and so on and were getting more tired, but we carried on because we weren't rowing to win any medal or whatever(duh, how can we beat RachWang and Cbay?) I know we aren't very fast but we were simply rowing for ourselves and for each other, as well as to beat our personal goal. I can sort of gladly say that we managed to achieve that. =)Stupid Jasmine, it was quite nice to hear the encouragements and cheers you would give not only to both of us, but everyone else as we rowed. Especially that NJ C1 guy, hahaha that was really nice/funny. Somehow becoming your T-rex, which was totally random, was pretty nice too. Anyway, rowing/lunching/gummybears/wrestling outside the toilets etc has been really fun so thanks for everything.

Of course, there're other senior girls too. All these months of training together was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Truthfully, in december I couldn't imagine myself going down for training 5 to 6 times a week. I thought it was really nutty and I thought I would never ever go down for any optional trainings. Then, I went for our first training together in December where I saw everyone for the first time. Huitong who was supposed to be really fierce but somehow i find her really funny, Rachel Wang, the chipmunk captain =P, Suzie whom everyone kept asking her not to traumatise the juniors, Crystal whose always got this bubbly smile every time i see her in school, Peiyi who gives me the impression she's really smart for some reason, Gabby the crazy fun senior who keeps calling me hi-dy and refuses to correct it, Mingen the bouncy one with nice dimples(i want!), chunling the cheese monster, Jean the one who gives hugs when she sees us(again,just my impression). Phew. Soon after, I started to find training increasingly fun and actually went for optional trainings WILLINGLY. o_O.

After almost 8 months, I can safely say that I never regretted taking up canoeing in JC again and I don't think I ever would.

To the other junior girls, it's going to be OUR turn next year to win glory for ourselves and the team. I know it's always tough in the beginning when you can never seem to stay on your boat, start fast enough and the list just goes on. The first step is never easy. But you can always overcome all these, especially when you've got great teammates who are behind you all the way. Let's keep working hard together.
=D

No comments: